The Department of Persian Language and Literature started with a Master of Arts program in Resistance Literature in 2012. After several years of pursuit, a bachelor course in Persian Language and Literature was finally launched in 1400, and this most-welcome event opened a new chapter in the book of educational, research and cultural activities of this department. In 1399, the Department of Persian Language and Literature became the branch of the Association for the Promotion of Persian Language and Literature in Bushehr Province.
In addition to the usual educational-research activities of the department on the Persian Language and Literature, other valuable events have been carried out, both on national and folk literature. These programs have ranged from educational to cultural and literary, including scientific and specialized seminars and lectures, poetry readings, virtual webinars, Shahnameh and Masnavi reading sessions, educational workshops, etc. In these programs, the Persian language and literature group has hosted well-known intellectuals from university professors, prominent writers and poets of Iran and Bushehr province.The group now has one associate professor faculty member and four assistant professor faculty members.
Goals and Missions
- Promoting Persian language and literature.
- Augmenting research on the indigenous and local culture and literature of the Persian Gulf coasts and providing grounds for a better and deeper understanding of it
- Achieving high distinction in national scientific and literary festivals and events
- Fostering effective collaboration with Persian language and literature departments of universities in other countries.
- Promoting active collaborations with provincial universities, departments and institutions in studies on indigenous and local culture and literature of the Persian Gulf
-Holding regular scientific and literary meetings and workshops (face-to-face and virtual) hosting top and world-class professors and researchers.
- Establishing an MA program in Literary Theory and Criticism
-Strengthening students' literary knowledge and their familiarity with the Islamic-Iranian civilization and cultural background.
- Admission and education of non-Iranian students interested in learning Persian language and literature.- Discovering literary talents and guiding them in the path of cultivating and realizing their talents.